Role of Art Music and Literature In my Life

A  thing  of  beauty  is  a  joy  for  ever - this  famous  line  by  Keats  is  frequently  quoted.  The  message  that  it  gives  to  general  reader  is  that  a  beautiful  thing  is  a  source  of  eternal  joy.  Any  form  of  art  be  it  painting,  music  or  literature  is  beautiful,  aesthetic  and  hence  a  source  of   eternal   joy  and  spiritual  elation. That  is  the  reason  why  art  has  accompanied  man  since  the  prehistoric  times.

Personally  I  feel  that  art,  music  and  literature  has  played  a  very  important  and  effective  role  in  my  life. When  I  see  a  beautiful  painting,  or  read  a  good  piece  of  writing  or  listen  to  a  melodious  music  the    feelings  that  I  experience  are  that  of  eternal  joy,  inspiration  to  achieve  and   relaxation.  Any  form  of  art  is  Cathartic.  Art,  I  have  experienced,  reveals  the  innermost  and  latent  thoughts,  ideas,  fantasies and  imaginations  of  human  beings  which  we  are  otherwise  not  always  capable  of  expressing  or  sharing  with  others.  My  suppressed  thoughts and  feelings  find  a vent  when  I  come  in  close  contact  with  any  of  the  above  mentioned  arts.

Moreover  the  amazing  beauty  of   it  is  that  a  whole  spectrum  of  ideas  and thoughts  can  be  conveyed  to  a  very  large  number  of  people  through   an  art  form  which  otherwise  is  not  possible.  It  is  therefore  a  great  connecting  link.  I am a drafter and a graphic illustrator. This  is  also  a  form  of  art.  I as  an  artist   experience  great joy  and satisfaction  when  I  do  my  job. I  get  tremendous  job  satisfaction. My  helps  me  to give  expression  to my  latent  fantasies,  my  visions,  my  imagination  and  my cr5eative  instincts. At  the  end  of a  job  completed  I  always  feel  a  sense  of  satisfaction  and  never  a  sense  of  boredom.

Art  is  a  very  powerful  tool  too.  Through  art  we  can  deal  with  sensitive  issues  of  society- like  injustice  to  women,  child  abuse,   caste  and  color  discrimination.  It  can  be  a  source  of  mass  awakening  and  understanding.  So  many  times  I  have  noticed  that  there  are  certain  issues  that  have  confused  me  or  may  be  I  was  not  being  able  to  understand  it  in  all  its  aspects.  After  reading  a  good  write  up  on  that  particular  issue  I  could  better  understand  it.  I  personally  feel  very  charged  up  by  good  inspiring  literary  work.  I   feel  the  sentiment  is  universal.  If  we  study  past  history,  the  role  of    patriotic  songs,  poetries,  essays  and  theatre, in  arousing  mass  movements,  bear  proof  to  the  fact.  For  example  famous  singer  Bob  Dylan  has  voiced  his  protest  through  his  songs.

A  work  of  art  connects  me  to  its  creator  and  I am  sure  it  is  vise a versa.  An  artist  too  connects  with  the  world  through  his  work  of  art.  A  man  can  become  immortal  through  his  art- Shakespeare ,  Michael  Angelo,  Picasso,  Keats,  Shelley  all  are  examples.

For  me  art  is  a  great  relief  and  welcome  escape  form  the  routine  monotonous  and  boring  life.  It  helps  to  break  the  drudgery  of  routine  like  and  charges  me  with  fresh  energy   to  face  the  world.  I  feel  very  indebted  to  art.  In  this  case  specially  music.  Music  is  an  universal  and  most  effective  stress  buster.

The  role  of  art  in  my  life  is  very  important  and  effective.  It  gives  me  happiness,  inspires  me  to  succeed  in  life,  I  live  my  unrealized  dreams  through  art..  It  is  impossible  to  imagine  a  world  without  art. It   brings  general  sense  of  well  being  and  harmony.        

0 comments:

Post a Comment